Book Drop-off- Updated May 2023
Effective Immediately we no longer offer Book Credits. We will be offering cash only for the books we can take.
As of April-2020- It is now a drop-off system. Drop-Off Times are during store hours.
- We ask that you limit the books brought in to 1-2 smaller bags or 1 large bag at a time.
- Once you enter the store there is a table with a sign-in sheet in front of you.
- Please fill out the sheet fully indicating with a Yes or No if we can donate any unwanted books we cannot take or if you will be picking up your returns.
- Please note-We do not have the space to hold onto your book returns. We ask you to be able to pick them up within 48 hours of being notified. If you cannot please let us know. We will try to accommodate your request.
- Put your name, phone number, and email on the tags provided, place one in each bag(s), and then place your bag(s) under the table. There is a staff member at the table during certain times to help with the signing-in process. If there is no staff there and you need assistance please go to the counter on the other side. Sue, Amy, or Erin will be happy to help you as soon as they have a moment.
- We are usually able to get through your books within 24 hours and we will contact you by e-mail or phone and let you know what we were able to take for cash. We no longer offer book credits. We prefer to pay cash for any books we can use.
- Don’t forget to indicate whether you will be picking up your returns or forwarding them to the thrift shop or to the little free lending libraries around Dartmouth.
The type of books we are looking for:
- We are always looking for fairly new current books and books of interest. i.e. Bestsellers and Local Interest…
- (i.e. free of rips, stains, cracked spines, water damage, mustiness, mildew, or any bad odors, writing, & highlighting).
- Please understand we do not take all books. For hardcover books, we only take what may sell or titles that are in demand. Generally speaking, once a fiction book is out in paperback the hardcover will no longer sell. There are always some authors that will sell in Hardcover.
- We do not take textbooks, magazines, encyclopedias, reference books or Library Discards.
Looking for books to fill out your classroom library??? We give teachers 10% off their classroom purchases of under $50,
- 15% off their classroom purchases of over $50 to $75,
- 20% off their classroom purchases of $75-$100 and
- 25% off their classroom purchases of over $100-
***All purchases are before taxes. ID must be presented. Cannot be combined with book credits or any other deals or sales. Excludes new books.
We do ship books.
- Postal code is required to get an accurate shipping estimate from Canada Post.
- Tracking number & receipt will be e-mailed to you once mailed.
We accept debit, credit (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), E-Transfers, and cash