In following healthy social distancing practices, we will be delaying all our Author in-store events until further notice.
Upcoming Author Spotlights on our Facebook Page
June 2nd- Reopened for in-store and curbside shopping!!!
Wednesday January 27, Family Literacy Day #FamilyLiteracyDay
Wednesday February 3rd, World Read Aloud Day #World ReadAloudDay
Wednesday February 17th, I Read Canadian Day #IReadCanadian
Saturday August 21st– Bookstore Romance Day
***If you are a Local Author/ Publisher interested in having an online spotlight done on our social media pages, please contact us through our contact page. Thank-you
Our Locally Authored Book Club Exchange
We generally meet once a month on Wednesday evenings from 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
• Each participant will bring a locally authored novel that they have recently read and can part with. Locally authored will be defined as an author living within the Atlantic Bubble.
• During the meeting, each person will take a turn telling everyone what they liked about the book they brought and why the others should read it.
• Each book will go into a basket and at the end of the meeting, if a book sparked your interest, you’ll be able to take it home to read.
• If there is more than one person interested in reading the book, it will be brought back to the next meeting, for another person’s turn.
• We may even host an author occasionally and Dartmouth Book Exchange may even seed the basket once in a while.
• All are welcome to come and listen during the meetings, but only the people who brought a book will be guaranteed to leave with a book.
Our Book Club aims to promote local authors, their books and the writing of reviews. #supportlocalauthors