May 29th- June 4th– Anne M. Smith-Nochasak- Ice Widow
June 4th– Operation D.B.E. Please join us in welcoming Newfoundland’s award-winning, queen of suspense Helen C. Escott, Sunday, June 4th at 1:30pm.
June 5th- June 11th- ARC Draw for Local Reviews
Tuesday June 13th- 6-8pm- 115 Years of Anne Of Green Gables Tea with special guest Louise Michalos, author of Marilla Before Anne. (in-store event) We will be drinking Raspberry Cordial Herbal Tea by NovelTea and discussing everything Anne with an ‘e’, Louise will be doing a reading and signing her books and Professional Storyteller Cindy Campbell-Stone is gifting us a story about L.M. Montgomery.
June 12-June 18th– TP Wood- 77° North
June 21st- 6:30pm-7:30pm- Locally Authored Book Club Exchange (in-store event)
June 19th-June 25th- Kacey Deann- Sadie’s Story
June 26th- July 2nd- Karen Dean- We are Unbreakable: Raw, Real Stories of Resilience
July 3rd- July 9th- Morgan Jessome- The Real Me and The Real You
July 10-July 16th- Corinne Lewandowski- Fairy Tales from the Rock
July 12th- 1pm-3pm- Hosting the Mineville Travelling Book Club
July 12th- 6:30pm-7:30pm- Locally Authored Book Club Exchange (in-store event)
July 17th- 23rd- N/A
July 24th- July 31st- Danielle Bouthillier- Hero
August 1st-August 8th– Barbara Ann Miller- Zig Zag Jeffy as part of the O.C. Publishing Book Tour.
August 8th to August 13th- Lana Shupe- The Hippie Pirates spotlight with an in-store event, Sunday August 13th at 1pm. There will be a selfie VW Camper, and while supplies last a peace charm bracelet or necklace making station.
August 14th- August 19th– Bookstore Romance Day spotlight and stack of Local Romances Draw.
August 16th- 6:30-7:30pm- Locally Authored Book Club Exchange (In-store event)
August 19th- 6pm- Bookstore Romance Day (in-store event)
August 21st-August 27th– Carrie Stanton- Emmie and the Fierce Dragon
September 5th- September 10th– ARC Draw for Local Reviews
October 23rd-October 29th- Heather D. Veinotte’s The Haunting Series
***If you are a Local Author/ Publisher interested in having an online spotlight done on our social media pages, please contact us on our contact page. Thank-you
April 27- Independent Bookstore Day
Children’s Book Week- first week in May
We are currently limiting all our in-store author or book-themed events to:
- Already well-known, established authors that we know will draw a crowd and be of interest to our local customers.
- Or to group, themed events, where we host several authors at once.
- Or to community groups that are interested in us hosting a particular author or themed event for their group to attend.
We do offer week-long online spotlights and book giveaway for local authors
What a Spotlight entails:
What a spotlight entails is for a week (Monday- Sunday) we do posts on our Facebook page promoting the author and book. At the end of the week, we give away a copy of the book spotlighted, provided by either the author or the publisher. The authors, in advance, provide me with any interviews, reviews, or special posts about their book or of them, that I can share. The more the author/publisher provides the more that I can post.
Dartmouth Book Exchange Events Group
Authors, bloggers, aspiring authors, reviewers, publishers, editors, professional storytellers, and other supporters of local authors are more than welcome to join our Book Events group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/899347560587433
Our Locally Authored Book Club Exchange
We generally meet on the third Wednesday of the month from 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
• Each participant will bring a locally authored novel that they have recently read and can part with. Locally authored will be defined as an author living within the Atlantic Bubble.
• During the meeting, each person will take a turn telling everyone what they liked about the book they brought and why the others should read it.
• Each book will go into a basket and at the end of the meeting, if a book sparked your interest, you’ll be able to take it home to read.
• If there is more than one person interested in reading the book, it will be brought back to the next meeting, for another person’s turn.
• We may even host an author occasionally and Dartmouth Book Exchange may even seed the basket once in a while.
• All are welcome to come and listen during the meetings, but only the people who brought a book will be guaranteed to leave with a book.
Our Book Club aims to promote local authors, their books and the writing of reviews. #supportlocalauthor