Roald Dahl Day is a holiday which celebrates the birthday of Roald Dahl – probably one of the greatest storytellers of all time. It is celebrated on September 13 every year. Mr. Dahl is known for writing a number of popular children’s books which include Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG, and James and the Giant Peach.
How to Celebrate?
- Read or reread some of his more popular works.
- Watch the movies based on his books.
- Have a Roald Dahl themed party where guests dress up like characters from his books.
- Visit our local Sweet Spot Chocolate Shop in Elmsdale and get your very own Golden Ticket Chocolate Bar in Dark, Milk or White Chocolate
- Make home made chocolates/fudge or another sweet treat or have a chocolate fondue
- Learn how chocolate is made
- Make Dream Jars- by writing all your dreams & wishes on slips of paper and putting them in a jar.
- Host a Royal Tea Party